CSharp DotNet (edit)
Debug | Microsoft Docs
Architecture and Patterns
Hello World SOLID
Task & Multiple Thread
Security and Cryptography
Exercises in .NET with Andras Nemes
Tips and tricks in C# .NET
Share Tech Links
Software Testing Help
An awesome collection of .NET Core
.NET Core real time, sample, architecture reference application projects
Coding Rules and Guidelines?
Coding rules and guidelines ensure that software is:
Safe: It can be used without causing harm.
Secure: It can’t be hacked.
Reliable: It functions as it should, every time.
Testable: It can be tested at the code level.
Maintainable: It can be maintained, even as your codebase grows.
Portable: It works the same in every environment.
9 Coding Standards Best Practices
Here are the top 9 coding standards best practices:
1. Know why you're using it.
2. Choose the best coding standard for your industry.
3. Use coding rules and follow recommendations.
4. Describe the intent behind the rule.
5. Update coding standards with care.
6. Consider open vs. closed standards.
7. Prioritize coding rules.
8. Plan for rule deviations.
9. Educate programmers.
Terminate a .NET console application
That’s all you need if you’d like to terminate a .NET console application with some exit code.
Best Unit Testing Tools
Here is the list of top Unit Testing Framework/Tools used to create accurate unit tests:
#4) Quilt HTTP
#8) ABAP Unit
#11) Microsoft unit testing Framework
#12) Unity Test Tools
- Test Management Tool:
- Coverage Metrics
- Available test
- Planed Execution Status
- Defect Management Tool:
- Info about defect
- Static Analysis Tool: Detect and Report Maintainability issue.
- Scalability of System: Performance tool.
- Coverage Tool: How much system is actually exercised?
To create the best code during this testing, consider the below points:
- Code should be strong: There are instances where the test fails or in worst cases does not get executed at all if the code is broken.
- Understandable and reasonable: The code should be easy to understand. This makes it easy for the developer to write the code and even other developers who will work on the code subsequently will find it easy to debug.
- Should be the single case: Tests that defines multiple cases in one, are complex to work with. Thus writing a single case code is best practice, which makes the code easier to understand and debug.
- Allow automated tests: The developers should make sure that the test runs in an automated form. It should be in a continuous delivery process or integration process.
Other points to be kept in mind are as follows:
- Instead of creating test cases for all the conditions, focus on the test that affects the behavior of the system.
- There are chances of the bug reoccurrence due to the browser’s cache.
- Test cases should not be interdependent.
- Pay attention to the loop condition also.
- Plan the test cases more frequently.
- Unit testing
- Integration testing
- Functional testing
HTTP Status Codes
C# HttpClient status code
HTTP response status codes indicate whether a specific HTTP request has been successfully completed. Responses are grouped in five classes:
- Informational responses (100–199)
- Successful responses (200–299)
- Redirects (300–399)
- Client errors (400–499)
- Server errors (500–599)
Code Analysis Tools:
OWASP Code Crawler